The problemThe solution
- Redesign the spaces around the people and not the car.
- Close off poor quality and unnecessary alleyways.
- Make essential routes inviting spaces which are clearly marked and well-lit.
- Undertake new front and rear wall treatments which incorporate a combination of solid walls, railings, planting and lighting.
- Advise on heights of enclosures to balance need for privacy in private gardens with need for surveillance of public areas.
- Formulate a strategic kit of parts which can be adapted for each space providing variety and character to spaces.
- Reorganise and thin out car parking layouts so that these spaces are more pedestrian-friendly, and incorporate new planting and surfacing.
By addressing a number of issues we believe a series of high quality, inviting, well-linked and safer public spaces can be made, each with it's own character, but identifiable as part of a greater whole. This can help bring life and vitality back to street-level and foster a sense of pride for the estate.
Tenants Offer Document
Now available to download
Call Mike or Roman at First Call on 0500 295 999